When you have your sight test, we check the back of your eye to see how healthy they are.
Most people are not aware how crucial this part of the eye test is because eye health checks can pick up a range of health conditions including diabetes, hypertension, glaucoma, macular degeneration and many more conditions.
At Selby & Taylor we conduct a thorough examination of the back of your eyes using a special instrument called an Ophthalmoscope.
We also have the latest optical technology allowing use to take a digital retinal photograph; a sophisticated process that uses a digital camera to obtain a photo of the back of your eyes.
At Selby & Taylor, retinal photography is FREE. We believe that it should be included in your routine eye examination.
Dry Eye Assessments
Do You Have Dry Eyes?
Do your eyes often feel dry or irritated? Do your eyes feel gritty at the end of the day or when you use the computer for long periods?
If you do, you may have a common condition called Dry Eye Syndrome.
What is it and who gets it?
The condition in a sense is very simple, your eyes are dry. It is a common condition that affects many people, especially computer users and women on HRT.
The quality and quantity of your tears are responsible for the condition, which is affected by many systemic conditions. Some possible causes include: diseases such as acne rosacea, hormonal imbalance, eyelid abnormalities, medications such as antihistamines, decongestants and birth control, and exposure to air pollution.
Your eyes can also become dry in centrally heated or air-conditioned rooms. Working at a computer for long periods can dry your eyes because you may be prone to partial blinking.
- Discomfort: Your eyes feeling like they are burning and/or feel gritty.
- Foreign body sensation: You feel as if you have something in your eye.
- Excessive watering: If your eyes are constantly watery
- Redness: Bloodshot eyes always indicate a problem. Sometimes, it's dry eye.
- Eye fatigue: Your eyes seem to tire easily, especially when reading, watching television or using a computer.
- Uncomfortable contact lenses: If you only have moderate dry eye, you may only notice the signs when you are wearing your contact lenses.
What to do?
BOOK in for a dry eye assessment today!